Thursday, February 14, 2008

If you want to know what you really think of someone, observe your reaction when you get an unexpected email from them.



Nydala lake this morning. I'm getting used to cycling over snow and ice again.

Back in the socialist paradise, where taxi drivers earn as much as university chancellors, where if you lose your job the government gives you a cuddle and some hot chocolate and then pays you until you find a new one, where everyone gets 6-8 weeks holiday a year and 18 months paid time off if they have a baby. It's actually really noticeable, nobody here is worried about anything. People take their time through uni, go travelling for years. Everyone knows that everything will be fine.

But then, there's no beaches or good dive spots within walking or even driving distance, and the pub and restaurant scene is pitiful.

Hmmm...

Anyway, in other news, I heard yesterday that the Swedish government had the good judgement to give me $110,000 (approx aussie). Not personally, unfortunately, but for a research project. Anyway, it's the first time I've received a substantial grant where I was the sole applicant, so that's good for the CV.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for money!!! :)

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Ian, I think you'll definatley need to do some 'personal developing'!!

9:38 AM  
Blogger ceedy said...

coke and hos

3:03 PM  
Blogger I-Rock said...

thanks, and yes, all of the above will be part of the research plan!

7:07 PM  
Blogger K said...

can i have some please? i know a thing or two about aluminium undie dancing! You bet your sweet bippy!

1:26 AM  
Blogger K said...

I like the title.

1:27 AM  
Blogger K said...

I'm coming to Sweden to have a baby. See you soon.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home