Monday, November 26, 2007

Sleepless in Seoul


Somewhere over central Russia.


Well, I thought I was on Korean time already: last night I slept from 10pm until 8am, and was fine all day. But tonight I slept from 10pm until 1am, when I mysteriously awoke, and now I'm still wide awake at 4am... I guess I'll finally update my blog...

I was awake for 43 straight hours getting here, some time around hour 27 I began to be able to see in five dimensions, and I think I was capable of predicting tsunamis.

My increasingly good friends from Sungkyunkwan University have continued their habit of putting me up in 5 star hotels and treating me to fancy banquets, a policy I must congratulate them on.

20 minutes before meetings started yesterday I realised I'd left my razor in Sweden (itself a recent purchase, since I'd just left the previous one in New York), so I took the one they provide in the "minibar", a Gillette Mach3, despite knowing that it'll be charged at a massive markup over retail. When I returned in the afternoon, I noticed that a new razor had been added to the minibar selection: this time a Schick Quattro4... did they coincidentally just change their standard razor stock, or are they trying to get me to upgrade?? If I take this one, will a new 5 blade razor appear tomorrow? How long can this go on? Is the razor industry developing 6,7, and 8-blade razors, just waiting for me to take the bait?? I feel a vicious cycle coming on...

It's only a matter of time before:

6 Comments:

Blogger K said...

boring... and old...

10:49 PM  
Blogger ceedy said...

cumon Ian, you're not making the work day go any faster.

1:19 PM  
Blogger K said...

his new DJ name is:

Lay-Z

5:35 AM  
Blogger K said...

as opposed to DJ I-rock.

5:35 AM  
Blogger K said...

that too much explaining to be considered a pun proper...

5:36 AM  
Blogger K said...

took

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home