Noo York
No trip to the USA would be complete without a night on the turps in NYC. And turps there was! Also, there was night.
Katie's blog has a couple of pics and unconfirmed rumours.
Mat and KT were the perfect hosts. With less than 24 hours between my arrival and subsequent departure, we ate/drank/saw/discussed (in no particular order): A lovely birthday cake, Huge chunks of red meat (Although I think we embarrassed ourselves slightly by sharing one burger between three people), neckbearded college students playing with light-sabers in a local park, Will Smith's man-wife, how to invest a $1 note in a new york club, hot apple cider, the plight of russian dancing bears, Britney Spears's genitals, amateur pole dancers, bagels from the bagelry, large quantities of alcohol, fat aggressive squirrels, tea with soy milk... In fact, with such a quick visit it became necessary drastically reduce the usual time delay between something happening, and the subsequent nostalgic reminiscence about it happening. E.g. sitting inside a burger joint, tearfully looking through the photos we took outside the same burger joint, just minutes before.
I'm now in stockholm airport, about to fly back to UmeƄ. Will up some more pics when I am in position to do so. Miraculously, I managed to sleep for almost the entire flight back to Sweden. Feelin' Fresh.
Update: back home, time for some pics, care of KT (but carefully chosen to avoid duplicating those on her blog)
Katie's blog has a couple of pics and unconfirmed rumours.
Mat and KT were the perfect hosts. With less than 24 hours between my arrival and subsequent departure, we ate/drank/saw/discussed (in no particular order): A lovely birthday cake, Huge chunks of red meat (Although I think we embarrassed ourselves slightly by sharing one burger between three people), neckbearded college students playing with light-sabers in a local park, Will Smith's man-wife, how to invest a $1 note in a new york club, hot apple cider, the plight of russian dancing bears, Britney Spears's genitals, amateur pole dancers, bagels from the bagelry, large quantities of alcohol, fat aggressive squirrels, tea with soy milk... In fact, with such a quick visit it became necessary drastically reduce the usual time delay between something happening, and the subsequent nostalgic reminiscence about it happening. E.g. sitting inside a burger joint, tearfully looking through the photos we took outside the same burger joint, just minutes before.
I'm now in stockholm airport, about to fly back to UmeƄ. Will up some more pics when I am in position to do so. Miraculously, I managed to sleep for almost the entire flight back to Sweden. Feelin' Fresh.
Update: back home, time for some pics, care of KT (but carefully chosen to avoid duplicating those on her blog)
12 Comments:
oh, the fat squirrel, oh the memories - sniff sniff.
Was lovely to have you I-rock, thanks for the towel and axel, btw.
xx
Oh, that kerazy axel, where will he turn up next?!?
You can donate the towel to a damp homeless person if you want, it's actually quite crap. Your guest towel is much better.
Ha ha - that poor guy is so depressed - I think he wants to come and sit with us.
Scary, scary nerds... and so is the guy with the light saber - ha!
ahhh i can't believe your crotch is 27 years old! feels like it was just yesterday that it was a wee lad...
Thanks alex, I'm flattered that you think my crotch feels so young and vital!
KT - the overwhelming surge of self-esteem about my comparative personal dignity, coolness, popularity, dress-sense, good judgement, and the course of my life that I felt watching Darth Tard and his mates will be with me for a long time, like a brightly glowing ember on a cold night.
I feel like a monkey at the beginning of the month.
What do monkeys do at the start of months?
Nice pics, Mr Man. Glad your crotch could make an appearance, and, may I say, in such a vital and healthy form. All that Swedish air must be doing you wonders.
Bastard!!! I only just twigged!! You are only 27... oh man.. Oh hang on, how old am I? Oh yeah - no I am 28 .. first sign of old age ... no idea how old I am and STILL miffed at how young everyone else is... not fair!
New Yorkers are apt to purchase a fresh monkey each month. By day 28 or so, they're usually suffering from a bit of wear and tear... often more tear than wear.
sniff sniff... the memories...
27, man that is fucking old! You are positively ancient.
hear hear! 27 is HELL old. It's gonna be a smug 3 months for me.
And, what, 8 days for you brett?
Hey, let me enjoy my youth while I can you cranky old curmudgeon!
Post a Comment
<< Home