Sunday, December 03, 2006

Miscellaneous Debris

Check out this page, from the Westboro Baptist Church in America:
www.godhatessweden.com
as mentioned in this segment on the chaser.

Truth is I've never seen a country as peaceful, calm, safe, polite, friendly as Sweden, not by a long long way. Not far from the christian ideal, I would have thought. Everyone here is atheist, but I think that's neither here nor there.

On the other hand, I just switched on the tele, and they're showing a live feed, with commentry, of a transvestite rodeo. I'm not kidding.

Either way, today I went to IKSU Downhillmässen, a big sorta information day for all the skiing coming up over the next six months, oh boy it had me licking my lips. Caught up with some folks from last seasons trips, and met a few new entries. Holy moly.

Also present was one of sweden's most famous Xtreme skiers. Now, I can't really vouch for his skiing, in that I've only seen him stand around and chat to people, but his dreadlocks were pretty Xtreme. You could rig up a spanish armarda with that head of hair.

My hair, on the other hand (or, perhaps, in the other hand) is currently being pulled out. By me. Because I can't find my PADI diver certification card. I can barely even remember what it looks like, since I've all my recent diving with the uni club it has been unnecessary. If I recall correctly, the last time I actually used it was 3 years ago, when I went to a conference in Hawaii and dived in and underwater volcano... ah, memories... but I thought I brought it to Sweden... Could this spell the end of my diving plans? Hopefully Sandy Aygo dive shops are dodgy enough not to require one...

But keep inhaling those pumpkin pies, little new yorkers, you might be my only hope. And start the bath running, or the sink if you don't have one.

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

We have a bath, but it keeps filling up with water when you shower, despite draino efforts. As such, we have a bush blowing BAN, sporadically adhered to by Mat, which as a guest, you should be aware of. It's not nice to talk about, but even not nicer to stand in someone's snot balls... would give you something to look at through a snorkel, but...

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home