Friday, March 03, 2006

"Well good afternoon pretty lady and how fine you're looking,

I'm sure in another setting and mood we'd all like to know you as a person with your many fine points and so on like that, but from your fashion message I can tell that you are a sensitive type person who'll appreciate the problem we have here in terms of orientational vibes, if you follow..."

The already confused Zoyd, whose survival instincts may not have been working all the way up to spec, decided to produce the chain saw from his bag.
Finally watched (most of) Kill Bill Vol 2 last night at Paul's. Why didn't Thomas Pynchon get writing credits? Or at least character development... The Uma Thurman character is pretty much exactly DL Chastain from Vineland, the 6 ft blonde American ninjette trained by an old oriental master travelling through the American west settling old scores, except she never sings a song that goes
I'm just a floozy with an uzi, just a girlie with a gun,
When I coulda been a model, and I shoulda been a nun.
She even has the same "vibrating palm of death" move, and gives almost exactly the same Clark Kent metaphor as an explanation for reclusive hick life.

Here's something to think about: The atom bomb was never used in anger before women got the vote. Coincidence??

Cleaning out my desk now at unsw. I have spiders living amongst my piles of papers. I'm not kidding.

Update: digging back through geological layers on my desk, here's some of what I've found so far:
  • 7 pounds of diving weights
  • four hard disks.
  • A $300 watch
  • numerous cds I bought ages ago and haven't listened to, and forgot I even owned.
  • The green miniature clothes peg that I had in my hair at papa's wedding. I think it came from Murray's girl.
  • The x-rays from when I sprained my ankle playing netball two and a half years ago.
  • A coaster from the Royal at Randwick with the following message scrawled on the back: "Westbourne Grove Bayswater, Tube: bayswater (circle) notting hill gate (central)(red) Latvian cowbell fondu karaoke singalong".... I'm sure it meant something at the time...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they're some poor directions - you'll never get there that way.

10:24 AM  
Blogger I-Rock said...

I just can't remember speaking to anyone at the royal about meeting up in London.

And the Latvian fondu cowbell singalong... that doesn't help... that just raises further questions!

But the handwriting is mine. Maybe I just got drunk and started rambling to myself. In writing. So it's all official, like.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

some poor drunk from the royal has been waiting outside the tube station for nigh on 2 years. How rude.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home