Sunday, February 12, 2006

Here sharky sharky sharky

Karl Pilkington's argument against technology: "I mean, if we hadn't invented in aeroplanes, would we have wings by now?"

Also "I wondered about the big bang. I thought, was it really a big bang, or did it just seem big because there was no other sound to drown it out?"


Thank you Brett G for a stand in camera. It survived Seal Rocks.

Jenny (in the background) and I surround a fearful, halo'd Grey Nurse in an underwater cave:



This one hasn't flossed in a while...



Our evil plan was to get a photo of a shark wearing a viking helmet. Strangely enough, the sharks didn't really enjoy it, and this was the best I got on camera, woody approaching with helmet in hand.



Interesting fact: if you pick up a port jackson shark, hold it facing in a particular direction, then give its tail a flick, it'll shoot in that direction at full speed. You can shoot them into other divers, etc. Here woody is in a small cave with three or four sharks, attempting to shoot a port jackson into one of them:



After the dive Brett S. said... "You know, we usually just sit outside the cave and watch the sharks, we don't go in there and fuck about with them.". "Yeah", we said, "that's usually".

Jen and I still have sore arses from the ride woody gave us. Boat ride, I mean, haw haw. Litte rubber ducky in hefty swell, we got the whole thing airborn, it really seemed to glide in mid air, then smack down into the trough. Those boats are really tough!

xo all.

15 Comments:

Blogger tangles said...

Wa-hay! That is some pretty crazy shark-anigins!

3:38 AM  
Blogger dr. cok said...

The fun never stops when those plastic viking hats are around, does it? Next stop, Hijinks city!

4:10 AM  
Blogger I-Rock said...

You know it!

More hilari-arse photos can be found here

Katie, check out the first option on the main gallery page of the underwater club.

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! I've gotta try that port jackson thing. Who the hell would think to try that?

4:19 AM  
Blogger I-Rock said...

A genius. Unless he tried the same thing with a wobby, then I'd say a one-armed genius.

During our dive, one horn broke free from it's helmet and went off to plundera the ocean alone. Go for gold, little guy!!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my catchphrase! Which I rightfully plagiarised! Good work! It certainly is, indeed.

10:09 AM  
Blogger -Feebz- said...

Eep! Chris & I are going diving this Sunday - if he pulls that crap, I'll stab him with my diving knife, so the sharks eat him first! (my oh-so-cunning plan!)

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feebz - if you have to stab chris, make sure you claim self defence, I think the Choco is from an endangered species. You might get fined.

KT - It's a wonderful catchphrase! We'll see how long before the fascist elements within the dive club change it...

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Playing with sharks is, in my opinion hazardous. Unless it is your intention to become incomplete in the limb sense. You kerazy kids and your Xtreme sports...

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would only be out of the jealousy that they are not living it, like we, er, plan to.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking of visiting you in June - will you be around? And not to live the catchphrase, don't go getting any ideas...

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is only one pic there, tiger, makes it kinda hard to procrastinate at work...

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argh! that typo gave me a dirty nickname!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm, methinks you'll live to regret that typo.

There is currently only one pic in the reef trip section, but many in the seal rocks section.

June - I might be in Paris for part of June, but I'll be around more or less... sounds good!

You can't stop me getting ideas, but you may be able to convince me not to carry them out. Warning: most of the ideas I get will involve forcing this man to dance hilarious jigs. Although, he doesn't look like he'd need much forcing.

xx

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

b-roq, realistically, those sharks we were diving with are the three-toed sloths of the sea. Docile is an understatement.

But don't spread the word around too much, it'll tarnish my Hard Kore image.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home