Open this door or I'll break my arms down
Another update: Podcast by Ricky Gervais, basically just him and Steven Merchant making fun of a slightly dim co-host. Very amusing.
Update: feeling a bit better today. Anyone who wants to track down some hard to find books at bargain prices, I highly recommend abebooks.com, which searches hundreds of second hand bookstores around the world. For example, you can get an original edition of Darwin's The Origin of Species, for only 170,000 US dollars!
Update: feeling a bit better today. Anyone who wants to track down some hard to find books at bargain prices, I highly recommend abebooks.com, which searches hundreds of second hand bookstores around the world. For example, you can get an original edition of Darwin's The Origin of Species, for only 170,000 US dollars!
I've been a bit sick lately, so all of you must send me your pity (preferrably in the form of cash).
* - I've joined a gym, for the first time in my life. So be preparred for the new buffed Ian next time you see me. Seems pretty cool, even got a rock climbing wall. Of course, being swedish, there's also a sauna.
* - As hinted at before, Swedes are mad for the whole Christmas Spirit thing, despite being a largely secular nation. Yesterday on the bus, a group of local church-goers (or perhaps escaped mental patients) got on and gave out biscuits and coffee, then proceeded to sing a clutch of Christmas songs in a kinda barbershop style.
* - One of my colleagues suggested an ice fishing trip soon, as long as we can get our hands on a drill. Sounds fun!
* - Saw Sin City the other day (I know I'm a bit behind the times on that). Pretty full on! stylistically very cool though. Definitely the best "comic book" movie I've seen.
4 Comments:
Ian .. I am not sure I like you tone. "Best 'comic book' movie" I hardly think does the film justice!! Man!! It is groundbreaking, rollercoaster, in your face fury of a film!!
It is like calling Dr Strangelove an "entertaining film about the cold war". Hardly fair!
groundbreaking, rollercoaster, in your face fury - yes, absolutely agree. Top marks in those departments.
But surely doesn't have the depth of genius of Strangelove. It'll be a long time before another Kubrick and Sellers come together...
Oooh! Yeah - I know. I watched Sin City again the other night, actually, and I was a lot more "take it or leave it" than I expected - but the thrill of watching Dr Strangelove just does seem to go away. In fact - I might be up for another strangelove dose again soon me thinks!
oops. Insert a "not" in the above sentence between "does" and "seem" to view artist's originally intended meaning.
Post a Comment
<< Home