Stockholm
UPDATE: Some Umeå pix in the gallery now. The fellas here are taking me out on the town tonight, so if I survive that there'll be more to say tomorrow.
Lots of images in this post. For the full cinematic experience, see larger copies at the pix link ----->
Or click on the smaller images in this blog entry.
Here's the view from the plane as I left London:

I counted three different layers of clouds as we ascended. This, like three-ply toilet paper, provides the galanouranophobic* Londoners with the comfort and safety they desire.
(*- a word I just invented meaning "fear of blue skies")
Just two hours later I caught my first glimpse of Sweden. It's very rural! Here is a view out the same window taken just a couple minutes before we touched down in Stockholm:

In my many travels, I've seen many different "Welcome to X, enjoy your stay" type signs, but this is by far the best:

(Note the faint writing at the bottom: Easy to find, easy to use, easy to choose)
Sweet!
Having a couple of hours to kill in Stockholm before my flight to Umeå, I headed for the harbour/old city area. It's a very pretty city, here's some pix from around town:




The next is of The Svenska Akademien, which is (I think) where the Nobel prizes are given out. Note the picture of an early Yahoo Serious impersonator out the front. I should have gone inside, maybe they've got something about (shameless name-dropping time) our family friend Jo

A square near the akademien

A chinese restaurant with the loudest coloured chairs I've ever seen. I'm sure people who eat there are constantly saying "Sorry, say again... I can't hear you over this furniture!"

Anyway, time to head back to the airport. Here's the little propeller plane that took me to my new home, Umeå:

What I found when I arrived will be the subject of the next enticing post on the internationally acclaimed travelogue journal Go Moron!
Let's just say this: I'm so completely surrounded by beautiful women that I'm starting to get bored by it all!
Wait, bored isn't the word I'm looking for... aroused! That's it!
Lots of images in this post. For the full cinematic experience, see larger copies at the pix link ----->
Or click on the smaller images in this blog entry.
Here's the view from the plane as I left London:
I counted three different layers of clouds as we ascended. This, like three-ply toilet paper, provides the galanouranophobic* Londoners with the comfort and safety they desire.
(*- a word I just invented meaning "fear of blue skies")
Just two hours later I caught my first glimpse of Sweden. It's very rural! Here is a view out the same window taken just a couple minutes before we touched down in Stockholm:
In my many travels, I've seen many different "Welcome to X, enjoy your stay" type signs, but this is by far the best:
(Note the faint writing at the bottom: Easy to find, easy to use, easy to choose)
Sweet!
Having a couple of hours to kill in Stockholm before my flight to Umeå, I headed for the harbour/old city area. It's a very pretty city, here's some pix from around town:
The next is of The Svenska Akademien, which is (I think) where the Nobel prizes are given out. Note the picture of an early Yahoo Serious impersonator out the front. I should have gone inside, maybe they've got something about (shameless name-dropping time) our family friend Jo
A square near the akademien
A chinese restaurant with the loudest coloured chairs I've ever seen. I'm sure people who eat there are constantly saying "Sorry, say again... I can't hear you over this furniture!"
Anyway, time to head back to the airport. Here's the little propeller plane that took me to my new home, Umeå:
What I found when I arrived will be the subject of the next enticing post on the internationally acclaimed travelogue journal Go Moron!
Let's just say this: I'm so completely surrounded by beautiful women that I'm starting to get bored by it all!
Wait, bored isn't the word I'm looking for... aroused! That's it!
8 Comments:
You make me want to get in a plane and fly to the land of beautiful wimmin. Actually I already felt that way, but now I feel comfortable about talking about it. Thankyou Go Moron!
Excellent! You're making great progress, Mat. We're all very proud of you!
How's the bed-wetting coming along?
hmmmm - maybe I won't come and meet you Ian - with all those beautiful women, it sounds like I might not be the centre of attention, and I hate that!
I might have next week off - would that suit?
One more wouldn't hurt. Besides, unlike London, Aussies are quite exotic here, and seem to be very welcome. (Obviously John Howard doesn't get much TV coverage here).
Next week: obviously not Monday, as I'll be in London. After that, my door is always open. (Metaphorically, the climate here doesn't permit that to be literally true).
I don't really know anywhere yet, but we could explore together a bit if you like. Like the song says...
Ian,
This town looks very conducive to frollicking. That's obviously a good thing.
How long do you think you'll be jubblying Frollickville - now that you are an official alien?
awww - you bit at my compliment bait! I love it when people do that.
Could we please shift lunch to brunch come Monday? I gots another international visitor.
Is that cool?
lb - present outlook for jubblying is 2 years. U still planning on homoing out of Pheonix (and it's surrounding city) soon?
I will hopefully jubbly pheonix in Nov w/ P&S.
k - no worries!
I gotta be around Baker St area in the morning, where is good 4 u?
yup - let's go there!
Post a Comment
<< Home